I am back with some fresh topics for my blog after a gap of almost 10 days that I spent on research for Heimtextil (January 2011). In my next few posts, I shall write about topics relevant to latest design trends, design styles, themes and color stories.
Some days back I wrote about Turquoise as the Color of the Year 2010 and today I shall emphasize a little more on the same.
Here are a few pictures to illustrate the hot color trend of 2010- TURQUOISE
10 INSPIRATIONAL REASONS TO USE TURQUOISE- THE COLOR OF 2010
- It looks outstanding in rustic and country style decor.
- It is inviting, fresh, graceful and trendy.
- It creates awesome visual interest, especially when used on illustrations.
- It is a symbol of contentment.
- It is cheerful, youthful and sophisticated all together.
- It produces serenity, adding a soothing and relaxing touch to everything.
- It is vibrant and full of energy.
- It is pleasantly subdued yet rich and jewel toned.
- It makes a statement of glamour and magnificence with its shimmering tone.
- It brings in an unusual and whimsical touch in a lackluster décor.
With these emotions that the color is associated with, this gorgeous and versatile hue is definitely the reigning hue of 2010.
I shall soon post a comprehensive description on the use of this color in fashion and home.
Blue is such a calming hue and green so refreshing. Turquoise unites both the soothing and invigorating aspects of blue and green. A color so inviting and luminous, it renders brilliance to everything it is added to.
This year Pantone announced Pantone 15-5519 Turquoise as its Color of the Year for 2010.
Turquoise is one color most people are passionate about. I have come across a lot of people who respond to it very positively as it translates easily to fashion and home. Since it has both warm and cool tinge, it generally pairs well with all other hues. It splatters excitement to neutrals and browns, matches up well with reds and pinks, looks classy with deep blues, brightens up all types of greens, and is remarkably trend-setting with yellow-greens.
Whenever I see Turquoise, I am reminded of tropical waters under the blue sky and it just makes me feel bright and so full of energy. It just takes me to another pleasant world. It is such a soothing and relaxing color that it is also known to restore and reinstate our sense of happiness and well being. Some call it the color of deep compassion and healing and many call it the color of faith and truth.
Turquoise is a very versatile color and it can be used easily to suggest a statement of elegance and class or a look of fun and frolic. To me, it is truly a color with the vigor of high performance.
Below are some pictures that suggest the use of turquoise.