Popcorn is an anytime snack which is loved worldwide by people of all age groups. It is a hot favorite of many for munching in movie theatres and also on picnics and other outings. It is easy and quick recipe to prepare. Check out the recipe below for a savory, spicy and aromatic Chilli Cheese and Tomato Popcorn.
Chilli Cheese and Tomato Popcorn
1 cup-Dried Corn Kernels, 2 tbsp- Oil, 2 tbsp- Cheese Powder, 1 ½ tbsp- Red Chiili Flakes, 1 tbsp- Tomato Powder, Salt to taste
Mix ½ cup corn and 1 tbsp oil in a microwave bowl. Cover and cook on Microwave High (100%) for 6 minutes, stirring once after 3 minutes. Add cheese powder and red chilli flakes and toss. Keep aside.
Mix ½ cup corn and 1 tbsp oil in a microwave bowl. Cover and cook on Microwave High (100%) for 6 minutes, stirring once after 3 minutes. Add tomato powder and salt to taste and toss.
Add both flavors of popcorn in one large bowl and toss to create an interesting combination of both the flavors.
Bread and Butter Pudding is an easy to make desert which can be made in several flavors like cakes and pastries. Even the basic pudding tastes great and can also be served as breakfast for kids. Today’s recipe is not only nutritious but also flavored with seasonal fruits.
8-10 milk bread slices, 2 eggs, 650 ml milk, 1 tsp vanilla essence, ½ cup sugar, 1 tsp orange rind, 2 tbsp toasted and flaked almonds, 150 gm cooking chocolate, 1 tbsp slightly crushed walnuts, 1 tbsp raisins, ½ cup mango pieces, ¼ cup grated pear
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar until sugar dissolves completely. Add milk, orange rind and vanilla essence and mix again.
- Apply butter on all the bread slices and keep them in a tray.
- Pour some of the egg and milk mixture on bread and let them soak in it for 10 minutes.
- In a dish greased with butter, arrange the bread slices flat in first layer, followed by some mango pieces, almonds, walnuts and raisins. Also put in some cooking chocolate pieces. Repeat this layering process for the second time again.
- Pour the rest of the egg and milk mixture over these layers and sprinkle a thin layer of sugar on top along with grated pear.
- Preheat the oven at 150 degree C and bake the dish for 10 minutes.
- Let the dish remain in the oven untouched for another 10 minutes even after baking is over.
- Serve hot or refrigerate for 2 hours to cool and serve.
Quesadillas is a very versatile recipe with which you may experiment in a huge way according to your likes of filling. Here is what I prefer.
Ingredients for Quesadillas:
Tortillas: 1.5 cups mixed flour (1:1 of corn and refined flour), 1 tbsp butter, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp baking powder, ¾ cold cup water
Filling: ½ cup Mozzarella cheese (grated), ½ medium sized Onion (thinly sliced), ¼ cup Salsa sauce (onion, tomatoes, green chillies and garlic crushed together into a coarse paste with salt, ¼ cup Green Capsicum (thinly sliced), ¼ cup American Corn (boiled), ½ cup Potato (boiled and grated), 1 tbsp Black Olives (halved), 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves (chopped), Salt to taste and ½ tbsp Chilli Flakes
Recipe for Quesadillas:
Mix together all the ingredients of tortilla and make a soft dough. Roll the dough in a few flat round discs and cook on a girdle like the way we cook Indian Chapattis.
Take tortillas and coat half the side of each of them with salsa sauce and then lay some Mozzarella Cheese on it. Add the vegetables on the same side, followed by sprinkling of salt and chilli flakes. Fold the remaining half over to give a shape of a semi circular disc and place on hot girdle. Keep pressing the folded tortillas till they get sandwiched. Cook equally on both sides and take them off on a rack.
You may then cut these into beautiful triangular pieces and serve with white sauce or chilli sauce.