Minestrone soup is a very healthy soup packed with good nutrition and apt for people of all age groups. Here goes the recipe.
1 medium sized Carrot, 1 medium sized Zucchini, 1 medium sized Potato, 6 cloves chopped Garlic, 1 chopped Onion, ¼ cup green peas, 1 inch stalk Celery, ½ stalk Leek, 4 French Beans, 12 Fresh Basil Leaves, 3 medium sized Tomatoes, 1 ½ tbsp Vegetable Oil, 2/3 cup Tomato Puree, 2 ½ tbsp Macaroni, Salt to taste, ½ tsp White Pepper Powder, ½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese, 2 ½ cup Vegetable Stalk
- Cut carrot, zucchini and potato into half inch cubes. Cut celery, French beans and leek into half inch pieces.
- Blanch tomatoes, peel the skin off, cut into half and remove the seeds and cut into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan, add garlic and onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add carrot, leek and celery and cook for 4 minutes.
- Now add the rest of the vegetables and tomato puree. Also add half of crushed basil leaves and vegetable stalk and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add macaroni, salt, white pepper powder and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Garnish with the remaining basil leaves and grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve piping hot.